Only for registered ScanCircle partners. See the ScanCircle partner program.
Login to your ScanCircle partner page and select the Scan Widget tab to generate the required ScanCircle shortcode and copy/paste it into your post.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the
scancircleplugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the
[scancircle_results ...]shortcode in your posts
See this post in the ScanCircle partner forum
What is the [scancircle_results …] shortcode for?
Using this shortcode, you can show the results in an IFRAME on your own website.
1. Set the “Own results page” to e.g. https://domain.com/results?language=%s&advice=%s&reference=%s
2. On this page include the shortcode [scancircle_results partner=”PARTNER-CODE” param=”URL-PARAMETER” IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES], where
– PARTNER-CODE is your partner code (this prevents cross site scripting with non-ScanCircle URLs: only http(s)://PARNER-CODE.scancircle.com/… allowed)
– URL-PARAMETER is the URL parameter containing the results URL (in this example “advice”)
– IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES are optional IFRAME attributes (e.g. width=”X”, height=”Y”)
Can I use the shortcodes in a template?
Yes, but you need the do_shortcode function as in: <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[scancircle…]’); ?>>
Contributors & Developers
“ScanCircle” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2.0 – 2020-07-23
- Added shortcode [scancircle_results partner=”PARTNER-CODE” param=”URL-PARAMETERS” IFRAME-ATTRIBUTES]
1.43 – 2018-11-14
1.32 – 2015-12-16
- Generalized the plugin to cater for future options so new options do not require a new version of the plugin.
[phpvar]shortcode has been deprecated as there are standard ways and plugins to do this (functionality will remain for the time being)
1.31 – 2015-11-02
- For some reason, version 1.27 actually still used v1.24. Updated version number to force a new update and updated support to WP4.3.1.
1.27 – 2015-03-23
1.24 – 2014-10-13
- Load scancircle.js and/or link to partner environment using https,
1.23 – 2014-08-04
categoryoption added to indicate the purpose of the scan page and/or reference code, entered data will be prepended to the reference code (separated by a colon)
1.20 – 2013-11-18
inputsoption added to support multiple input fields (names separated by semicolon), entered data will be joined (separated by semicolons)
validationoption added to check input field for required data, e-mail address, phone number, any regular expression or using a custom function
requireoption now deprecated (converted to
validation="required"for backward compatibility)
jqueryoption added to run script when document.ready (mainly for Joomla web sites which requires tag in header)
1.19 – 2013-11-04
[phpvar]shortcode to retrieve the PHP superglobals $_GET, $_POST and $_SERVER
- Required to get the value of URL parameters, post variables, initiating web pages, etc.
- Added because they may be needed for ScanCircle and I could not find an easy way or simple plugin to achieve this
1.18 – 2013-10-07
- First release